1915-1972

1915
Ortrander Eisenhütte's main products in 1915 were long burning stoves, double fire doors, carburizing furnaces (Irish and American system) joint plates, the "Ideal" dish washing and disinfecting machine, grid doors, heating and cooking ranges, oven frames, oven frames for gas plates, sewage items, baking and roasting ovens, cooking hobs, machine doors, top beam doors, wood and peat burning stoves, stove frames, oven doors, grates and fire bars, grate racks, face plates for tiled stoves, heating pipes for stove frames and cell ovens.

1944
In 1944, Ortrander Eisenhütte received a military order to produce round iron stoves for German Army troop transports.

21.04.1945
The Red army captured Ortrand in battle on April 21, 1945.

06.1945
Equipment which had been kept safe from enemy interference was able to be put back into use in June 1945 and production began again.

08.1945
The supply of stoves was arranged in August 1945 to Dresden, which had been laid waste by bombing.

18.12.1945
The occupation authorities confiscated the property of the Ortrander Eisenhütte GmbH.
on December 18, 1945.

1945/1946
Ortrander Eisenhütte was also contained on the dismantling list.

1947
In 1947, Eisenhütte Ortrand was registered in the Commercial Register as a part of the Industriewerke Sachsen-Anhalt. This is when work was started on enlarging and extending the plant technically. There were again 118 workers employed. There was a particularly large demand for heating units and cooking pots.

07.10.1949
The foundation of the German Democratic Republic (GDR) took place on October 7, 1949.

22.08.1952
The works sport association (BSG) "Stahl" (Steel) Ortrand was established on August 22, 1952.

17.06.1953
The construction workers strike in Berlin on June 17, 1953 led to a popular uprising in the GDR. This was only able to be put down by the intervention of Soviet troops. This was the reason for tanks being unloaded at Ortrand railway goods station. Two of the tanks rolled up to the works gates at Eisenhütte Ortrand and after being assured that everything was quiet in the factory they went on their way.

1965
Foundry production took on its particular typical characteristics by 1965 through its manual moulding shop, pin lifting machines and cold blast copula.

1957-1958
Despite ongoing production, the "mechanisation of production" project was carried out and completed in 1957-58

21.07.1960
A third cupola was delivered before July 21, 1960 .

1960
Even before the end of 1960, the export target was met by delivery of carburising furnaces to the Federal Republic of Germany (FRG).

1961
Eisenhütte Ortrand, a state owned enterprise, achieved a reputation by 1961 for special castings for thin walled grey iron ranges, stove parts and long burning stoves.

1963
In 1963 the "Oven Castings" product group was founded to which 29 factories belonged.

1967
As the lead plant in the "Oven Castings" product group, Eisenhütte Ortrand received the order in 1967 to replace existing production plant by a modern plant.

1971-1972
Within six months in 1971 and 1972 the "complex automation of the foundry" had been completed.

1972
A company history appeared in booklet form in 1972 to mark the 85th anniversary of the founding of the Company. The Company had six university graduates and 12 graduates from universities of applied sciences working in the plant.